1. Should be TRAIL IN not TRAIL END dance please.
Response: James ? Why not call it the Welcome to Lytham dance?.
2. Could one of the halls be kept open late for a group after party, for everyone who wants to. Shirley Cox.
Response:We are not allowed to keep the school open after 10.30, as they have had complaints from local residents in the past (nothing to do with our festival).
3. Great fun so far. Programme too weighted towards C dancers, with 13 workshop sessions and only 6 plus sessions,
considering 3 C squares, 6 plus squares and 8 A squares, you do the Maths. John Webb
Response:Please read no 11 further down this sheet.
4. Thank you for the boxes for the biscuits. Julian.
5. Perhaps the lunch staff could cover the food to keep it hot for longer. Nice food. Tony.
Response:We are trying to improve the lunch hot food facilities, in conjunction with the caterers. Please also refer to no. 16.
6. Great fun so far. Schweiger.
7. How about a series of sessions to get people right through the A2 program?. So those who have done several A2 intro’s can finally have done all the figures. David.
Response:James. We are considering ways of introducing linked intro’s, at a level, with the intention of progressing the intro’s through the week in an increasingly higher numerical order.
8. Monday evening. We did not attend because we felt that the Rounds were not good value for money,
knowing that the squares tips would last at least 20-25 mins, while the rounds would only last 6-8 mins.
As we do not dance the A program this is why we felt it was not good value. Nick.
Response:Sorry you feel aggrieved Nick, but as a fellow round dancer, I accept your comments. Fortunately you are better served with Round dancing events/clubs in your home area, which Pauline and I are not, and we therefore grumble, but support the event as some dancing is better than no dancing. Teresa has specifically requested that Rounds are incorporated in the A level workshops, so we have removed one of the two A/Rounds mixed sessions and replaced it with a full extra session of Rounds on that day, so hopefully you will appreciate we have done something to respond to your comments.
9. Tues. Consolidation session following intro’s. Anon.
10. Great fun so far. Tom Schweiger.
11. I think the organisers should be congratulated not critized as they have been very fair on sessions. They are:
You cannot lump C1 & C2 together as they are different levels. You would not class m/s + plus as one level.
Plus dancers if they wish can do A1 intro so have 19 sessions, the most of any level.
A1 have 14 sessions if they do A2 intro
A2 have 13 sessions if they do C1 intro
C1 have 10 sessions, no intro to C2.
C2 have 8 sessions, no intro to C3A.
Round dancers have 18 sessions. Karen Gray.
We will publish the official statistics that are produced when we finalise the programme.
12. Some wag has added re the above, well learn rounds then. Anon
Response:Oops, missed it
13.An extra A1 & A2 workshop please. Ray.
14. Don’t change anything, great fun. Perry.
15. Great fun so far. Tom Schweiger.
16. Could we have a microwave in the sports hall to re-heat the lunch,
when we arrive late. Julian
Response:Agreed, also see 5
17. I think that a local street map would be useful, up on a wall in the corridor. Kath TSDC
Response:Agreed, Mike to arrange.
18a. An excellent time in learning C1 with both callers.
I wish to follow on with the programme next year.
18b.A question. In the alternative dances (rounds and squares) why is there more time for the square dancers. Should be nicer to have an equal time during those sessions. (I am a square dancer)
Response:Sorry, do not really understand the question, but does answer to 11 help.
18c. I’m interested if it were possible,
to have a real introduction to round dance, not only one type of dance,
but a couple of different types of round dances. Monique.
Response:We do understand your point here, but the cuers feel they need a full session at one rhythm to get it taught properly. We are incorporating one extra Rounds intro session this year, and I will ask Teresa and Paul if they can help with this point.
19. Could ladies dancing as man wear a sash to make it easier. Excellent week so far. A Waterson
Response: This is the prerogative of individual dancers.
20. We want to congratulate the hard working organisers who have done well to cover so many levels of
dancing which keeps the week solvent. Barbara & Roy.
21. Neil again please
Response:Neil, and the existing team are all coming back next year. We do not want to change at this moment, as you should not try to mend something that is not broken.
22. Can we have a list of all dancers present, just as they do at professional seminars,
preferably with an email address.
Response:I as organiser have everybody’s details on record, I suggest if you want this info, please let me know the names of those you wish to contact, and I will respond subject to their approval.
23. Thanks very much to Peter Mike & all staff for great time. Nora & Howard
24. Our thanks to the organisers for a wonderful week of fun and friendship. Chris and Linda Gill.
25. It has been suggested to me that an ‘Intro to’ could start partway through that
programme, so that those who only get one opportunity per year will not be re-learning the same first few moves each
time. Please keep a record of what has been taught previously.
Response:Please read answer 7.
Could we advertise in EAASDC magazine & website next year please?.
Also draw attention to the event having been on for 20 years. (its excellent).
Response:We have notified the EAASDC through the BAASDC in the past .
26. I don’t do C dancing but I have danced everyday. Well done. David.
27. Great week we really enjoyed it. Thanks for organising the week. Tom Schweiger
28. Great so far, to be continued next year. Anon
29. Friday morning you might want to swop A1 intro with A2 workshop as if you are a Plus dancer you might want to do intro to A1 – a Plus W/S. K Gray.
Response:We go to an enormous amount of trouble and soul searching to try to please everybody, which of course is impossible. There is far more to programming than the ordinary person realises, and James does a brilliant job for us. Please also see refer to answer 11.
30. Great week thankyou.
A thought for discussion- would it pay to move the shop nearer the gym and main hall,
ie where it was a few years back, are people actually going to the shop. Pat & Joan
Response:Thanks Regarding the shop, it is positioned in the sports hall by choice of Katie and Willem. One has to accept that space and security is of first priority. Perhaps we should put more notices up in the corridor where the tea/coffee facilities are, to direct the dancers to the shop. Unfortunately the shop income is insufficient to cover the cost of hiring an extra room, as the event organisers used to carry that cost, which we can no longer afford to do.
31. Great week agree shop should be in a better place,
thanks to all. Joan.
Response:Thanks See 30.
32. Super week many thanks to all staff for a well organised and varied programme. Long may it continue.
33. I don’t want to play the statistics game,
you can prove anything that way, but a plus only dancer could feel sidelined during the days workshop sessions.
Its just a pity that so few dancers attend the daytime plus sessions.
Even worse, new M/S dancers are excluded from all but opening dance since so few came for the week in the past.
Still an excellent week and were booked for next year. Richard and Linda Stevens.
Response:I think you have answered your own point.
It does however raise the old chestnut of dancers flying through the levels,
and we as organisers are very disappointed that those dancers who have gone up the levels
do not consider it appropriate to dance/mix with the lower levels.
34 Something between intro’s and workshops for those who have just completed basic moves within a level. Anon.
35. How about Rounds on their own not having to wait for a square tip, eg 20 mins, or just with plus. SC.
Response:We did have 6 round dance only sessions on the programme.
36.I think you have done a wonderful job of keeping this event going. It is excellent, and I hope you will ignore all the complainers. I have enjoyed every minute. Thank you Barbara.
37. Thanks for a wonderful week of dancing & thanks to all staff. Chris & Christine.
38. How about some distinctive colours for raffle tickets.
Response:You cannot please all the people all the time, sorry. We recycle raffle ticket books, through the week to save money.